Sunday 6 July 2014

Duelling Gamers - Month 4 Progress

By the standards of my previous months, this update is rather early. Normally I haven't even started painting by this point, but Convic is next weekend and I don't have time for my usual slow start. So with that in mind, here are some painted Miners...
12 painted Dwarf Miners. Technically only 10 of them are part of the painting challenge. The other two are just there because I need them for my Convic list.
Here's a smaller selection. 10 of the models (including the standard and musician) are from Skull Pass. The guys on either end here are from a box of multi-part Miners, who I threw in for some variety. They mix fine. I decided not to go overboard with any fancy source lighting from the candles and lanterns.
The same guys from the back. Not a lot of details back here. I do love that when I'm in a hurry...
Originally my schedule stated that I would be painting 10 Miners, 5 Slayers and a character in July. Convic necessitates a change to this, and I now plan to paint 10 Miners and 10 Irondrakes. This is actually an over-spend as it totals $111. I came into the month with $5 still in the kitty, so this means I'll still be $6 in the red. On the bright side, the Irondrakes will be more useful, and it means I don't have to paint yet more Slayers. The plan is a winner!

So I now have 5 days to paint up 10 Irondrakes and I will have achieved my painting target for the entire month, as well as finishing my army for Convic. At least my plans for the tournament are starting to feel under control... 

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations sir on your doing of many men.
    I have as yet not done many men, but I hop to rectify this situation before the month is out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done, what will you paint for the rest of your free time this month, or do you intend to recharge your brush and have a rest from painting for a bit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually go back to work full-time on the day after Convic, so I might find myself busy for a while, whilst I adjust. But I doubt I will stop painting for long...

      Delete
  3. No rest! Paint more! Just don't make it dwarves, hmmm I remember a winged mount for one Emperor that needs a lick of paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Deathclaw does need to be painted. He's on the list. It's a very long list, though.

      Delete