Thursday 22 November 2012

Once more to Masters


To war!
The year's end is fast approaching, which also means we've reached the conclusion of the Warhammer tournament season. This means the Masters, which will be held in Canberra on the weekend of December 1st-2nd. That's only a week and a half away now. My strong finish to the year with Axemaster means that I've wound up ranked 3rd in the country, so I'll be making the trip for the second year running.

Rather than building an army list from scratch for the event, I decided that I might as well stick with the formula that worked well at Axemaster. I had to trim 100 points off due to the 2400pt limit at the Masters, but that wasn't too hard. This is what my list looks like now:
  • Arch Lector on War Altar with Great Weapon; Heavy Amour; Shield; Talisman of Preservation; Van Horstman's Speculum
  • Wizard Lord (Level 4 Lore of Light) with White Cloak of Ulric
  • 1 Captain of the Empire on Barded Warhorse with Full Plate Armor; Battle Standard; Charmed Shield; Talisman of Endurance; Biting Blade
  • 50 Halberdiers with Standard; Musician; Sergeant
    • Detachment: 5 Archers
  • 9 Knights of the Inner Circle with Lance; Shield; Standard; Musician
  • 24 Flagellants 
  • 4 Demigryph Knights with Lance; Shield; Standard; Musician
  • Great Cannon
  • Celestial Hurricanum
  • Steam Tank 




The list is not heavily compromised for the loss of 100 points - the Wizard Lord lost the Fencer's Blades, the Knights no longer have the Banner of Eternal Flame, and a few Flagellants, Halberdiers and an Archer are staying at home. The army can still play to its existing strengths, so overall I'm happy enough. I am yet to get a practice game with the list, so it's probably for the best that I'm basically using the army that I've already used in the previous event.

I'm not sure what I'm hoping for this year at the Masters. Last year I won 2 games and drew another, however I finished 14th of 16 players - not the greatest performance. I'd like to improve on that - this is probably my main goal for the event. 

No comments:

Post a Comment