Tuesday 9 October 2012

Ulric War Altar Finished!

Well I may have been delayed by the tournament over the weekend (I'll discuss this in a later post), but the War Altar is now finished. I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out, and I will have the satisfaction of knowing that I'm using something unique when I put it on the table. Now I have over a week to paint a Celestial Hurricanum. It's a pretty fancy model, but how hard can it be..?
All pimped up and ready to go!
The view from the other side
Painting flame always makes me nervous, but I think they came out OK
The War Altar itself has a lot of detail, but in the end I decided to paint most of it was though it was just carved from the wood. I think it would be too busy for the rest of my army otherwise
The finished throne
The Fenrisian Wolves are still pretty strange, mangy-looking things. They do the job here, but I'm not 100% sold on them
Ar-Ulric's fate is sealed as the Giant rolls "Pick up and..."
The view from the rear

3 comments:

  1. Great job, oddly enough my favourite bit are the wolves harnesses! Many's a time you see conversions that neglect such details, but this one is bang on.

    ReplyDelete