Friday 29 April 2011

They're like onions

Ogres are like onions. So they tell me, anyway. To be honest, my experience with ogres was that they were a bit one-dimensional. Shallow. Not like onions at all, really. Except thinking about the army book made you want to cry.

I am probably being a bit mean here, but I did find the Ogre Kingdoms army to be rather inflexible. The magic frustrated me, the units didn't fight half well enough to justify how impressive they looked, and my stubborn insistence on using the Thundermace (best thing ever - or it would be if I could ever roll a hit) probably dented my enthusiasm. I also refused to fill the army with Gnoblars, as that wasn't why I bought the army. I wanted a whole army of Ogres. I also planned to use them as mercenaries in other armies, but we'll talk about that later.

Pictures of the army are below. I'm not quite sure why I decided to make an Ogre Baker instead of a Butcher. Maybe I thought he was less gross. I never went through with plans to make the full set of Butcher, Baker and Candlestick Maker. Maybe one day...

The Yhetees did actually start life with the normal heads, however I didn't like the models at all. I was calling them Muppets for a long time, then painted them as such, then decided to go the whole hog and make proper heads for them. This will be the start of a whole new theme for the army. The beginnings have already been made on a Big Bird Slavegiant...

My Ogre army
My characters

Maneaters

Muppet Yhetees

No comments:

Post a Comment